From Definition To Design
Our permanent way designers specialise in alignment, track formation and drainage design across all rail modes – from small-scale track replacement schemes to the alignment of major new build railways.
Our experience covers high speed, intercity, suburban, freight, light rail, metro and depots from projects across the UK, the Middle East, Asia and Australia.
A Truly Scalable Service
Our team is flexible and is capable of working independently or alongside a wider project team delivering other engineering elements.
Our Range of Track Design Capabilities
- Alignment and layout design
- Formation and drainage design
- Plain line and switches and crossings design
- Route gauging analysis and clearance assessment including line speed enhancements, new rolling stock, platform extensions and freight enhancements
- Trackwork specification
- Independent design review – including CAT3 check and equivalent
- On-site technical support including track inspections, walkouts and condition assessments
- Production of as-built and as fitted documentation
Our client-focussed approach
The needs of our clients are paramount and we actively encourage discussion and collaboration throughout the design process, particularly with respect to risk management and design integration.